Friday, April 24, 2009

Waiting for Bob in Astoria

Sailing with Dummies (Seattle to The Dalles Edition)
Thursday, April 23, 2009
by Mike

Bob was due in Astoria sometime in the afternoon. That left time to tend to some maintenance and repairs. There were a number of things I wanted to get done, but most importantly I was determined to try to locate the pesky water leak on the left side of the boat. I found the leak at the bottom of the left rear bedroom on the bottom of the water heater. It took several episodes of gymnastics, but I finally got the culprit removed and then replaced.

Nothing much else interesting (oil changes, belt replacements, watermaker testing, etc.).

Bob agreed to scuba dive when he got there to check the bottom of the boat. He was in the 52-degree water for no more than 15 minutes (everything checked out ok). An hour later in Subway he mentioned that he must have really gotten cold since he was still shivering. Glad it wasn’t me … I hate cold water.

We plan to head upriver early tomorrow.

Daily Cuisine:
Bob was still eating at around midnight. He must’ve really been cold. (haha)

1 comment:

Heath said...

I want to see more writing about the food. I think yellow cake and cupcakes is good. Also, do you guys ever take women or booze on the boat? It seems like it would be more fun that way. Who is the first mate etc? I suspect Mike but Bob would be a good one too. Oh yeah, if you want booze I could get you a pretty good deal and no Heather isn't going on the boat with Mike.