Thursday, May 14, 2009

Crescent City to Cape Vizcaino, 5/13/2009, by Bob

At 5:52 pm
Wind: 4 knots from the north
Air temperature: 56°
Water temperature: 52.1°
Broken high clouds (I think a seismic wave broke the clouds)

I started out this morning before the sun came up so I could get far enough to make Drake's Bay tomorrow night. It all depends on wind and current.

I passed Cape Mendocino today. The Cape is supposed to be the dividing point between northern and southern weather systems, separating cool, cloudy, rainy weather from cool, coudy, rainy weather. It's supposed to be windy at the Cape, too. It was only blowing 15-20 knots there, but was windier than the rest of the area.

I anchored near Rockport in a place not very sheltered. But the waves weren't very big, and the boat was still there the next morning.

I poured the last of the Midway diesel (last summer) from the jugs into the boat fuel tanks. All the jugs had water and crud in the bottom. Hopefully I didn't get that into the boat's tank, and if I did, hopefully it won't clock the fuel filters until Mike is here to bleed the fuel lines because he likes the smell diesel in the morning.

No comments: