Friday, June 27, 2008

To whomever finds this message,

To whomever finds this message,

It's been seven days since I was press ganged by strange foreigners from the underbelly of Honolulu's waterfront. That first
unfortunate day remains a blur. Emerging groggy from the bowels of the ship I found myself far from land and with little chance of
escape. Days have passed and a routine has formed. My hours are filled catching and cleaning fish, cooking, scrubbing and steering
our vessel through treacherous reefs. Not one of them passes without the thought of escape. I find myself watching albatross glide
effortlessly over the cobalt sea and long to lift off and follow them. My captors seem confident in their vessel and sure of their
destination but below in the hold the provisions spoil at an alarming rate.

Our nor' westerly heading suggests the trading ports of Japan and if this holds true it is there I shall attempt my escape.

Please alert my family to this mis-adventure and assure them of my current good health and strong temperament.

Yours sincerely,
Joshua J Newman

No comments: