Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Davidoff Island, 7/13/08, by Bob

After Kiska, we went by Segula Island into Crater Bay and anchored on the south end of the bay off Davidoff Island. It was windy,
but the island blocked the waves. The next morning we decided to head up the island to find a better place to land. We went to the
northeast side, and the wind wasn't too bad.

I kayaked in and hiked up on top of the north end of Davidoff, about 900 feet up. There were bunches of seagulls, and they got
really rowdy when I got close to the chicks. The chicks were old enough to run around. It was rainy and foggy on top of the
mountain. When I looked down at the boat it looked almost like the boat was up in the air, because the fog hid all the water but not
the boat.

Davidoff is volcanic, and there are white and black sections of the past eruptions that make up the island. It looks pretty weird in
places.

When I looked down at the boat it looked almost like the boat was up in the air, because the fog hid all the water but not the boat.

I came walking/sliding down the hill and didn't even see Josh at the bottom until I got there. And I was kicking down a lot of
rocks.

No comments: