Monday, May 07, 2007

May 7th for Melinda

May 7th for Melinda

I'm awake! But as Dad has noticed, I've seemed to acquire a peculiar skill of sleeping through baritone playing over the years... We
are getting closer to Grand Cayman I think. I'm excited because maybe we can buy more oranges. Speaking of oranges, while I was
peeling one during watch last night, there were loads of bioluminescence in the water. The water lit up like a blue Christmas tree
with every splash. Sometimes there would be huge gobs of bright blue goo in it too; Maybe they were squids.

Also last night, I learned how to treat different jellyfish stings and say catepillar in Spanish (from books).

One more thing I learned is that waking up my dad in the middle of the night can be fun. He even wore his shorts backwards last
night. Another night he claimed that a fish hit him in the face. He's silly.

Today, I made the best sandwhich I've ever had on the Minnow. It had: carmelized onions, avocado, tomato, turkey, swiss cheese,
spicy mustard, and wheat bread. I felt like a million bucks after I ate it. I also made a list of things to pack for Seattle:
clothes, sleeping bag, towel. Dad added a lawn mower to the list but scissors should do fine.

The latest news: I finished "The Heart of the Sea: The Essex!" Fortunately, we have enough apples on board to keep us from
cannibalism. We fished today! But we both refuse to gut a fish so we're catching and releasing. We made it to Grand Cayman! We plan
on diving and kayaking tomorrow. We ate a meal at a restaurant with metal utensils and dad loved it! He's never going back to Burger
King again. [Editor's note: Melinda has a screw loose] Customs stole Mike's spearguns! I'm okay with that; They looked really
dangerous.

I think that's all.

No comments: