Monday, May 21, 2007

Motor Boats

I lied in my last entry. Some of the Kunas of the San Blas islands do have boat motors. We went to the Hollande Cays first, and saw
no motors. When we got closer to the "big" town we saw some outboards on canoes. Porvenir, the port of entry, actually has
electricity and an airstrip.

Melinda and I did some more diving and snorkeling and kayaking. They we headed to Porvenir to pay our $8 fee to enter the San Blas
Islands. We were a little late on that. When we got there, it was storming again. We drove around a while, and then I anchored about
1/2 mile away from all the other boats. They offices were closed when we went to the island, but I left some money with someone for
the General Congresso Kuna. We took off for Fort Sherman about 5:00 yesterday morning, and docked yesterday afternoon at Shelter Bay
Marina. As usual, they were very helpful and friendly here. (The food is good, too.) (The laundry was welcome, too!)

I have a bunch of pictures to upload. I'll post links "real soon now."

No comments: