Wednesday, May 09, 2007

T-Minus 3 Days (until Melinda's Birthday)

by Melinda

It's morning and I'm awake!!! I got loads of sleep last night after we left Grand Cayman. Although I kept hearing random
voices/screaming throughout the night. I was a little startled by every scream, and more confused when it was a woman's. I
eventually figured out that Dad was watching a movie.

Dad woke me up at 0500 to look out for obstacles; I haven't seen any. The water is glassy smooth with random strips of ripples, kind
of like a rotten tomato.

I've spent the majority of the morning watching flying fish scatter everywhere as the sun rose. That's been pretty neat. I also
chased some flies out of the boat. Somebody left their radio on and butchered the guitar for a while until another person came on
saying, "Please stop." The radio's quiet now.

Yesterday was even more fun. Dad and I went kayaking, diving, and boat scrubbing! As for kayaking... I got distracted by fish and
lost dad (typical). I found his abandoned kayak by Burger King. Then I stopped following dad around as he weaved in and out of
cruise ship taxis looking for the fuel dock.

Diving was fun too except I got grumpy beforehand because my mask broke. We saw lots of fishies, loads of parrotfish.

Boat scrubbing was phenomenal.

We saw two little tornado/water spout thingies forming but they went away really fast.

Most important of this entire update: I cooked dinner again last night, except this time it was actually tasty! I made my infamous
"Awesomely Delicious Burritos." Dad highly approved and all is well aboard the Minnow.

Now I'm going to watch fish.

No comments: