Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday

by Melinda

I woke up really, really grumpy this morning. I think it had something to do with dad shouting my name and then asking me questions.
I'm not good with that in the morning. Wake-ups should be delicate and sweet, like a dove gently cooing, "Good morning Melinda, you
have 20 minutes until six, the weather is perfect outside, no traffic, and I made poached eggs on toast and hand-squeezed orange
juice for breakfast."

What's so difficult about that?

Anyway, Thursday hasn't been bad. I read about sailing, ate cereal, applied sunscreen twice, woke up dad about a barge that was
being funny, ate an orange in the sun, drank V8, drank tea, looked up walrus in Spanish, washed my hands twice, looked out for boats
occasionally, played moonlight sonata and fur elise, threw mushy apples overboard, checked out the onions, turned dad's watch alarm
off, looked out at the horizon with binoculars, wiped off the radar screen, went to the bathroom, sat outside, watched flying fish,
wondered why mushy apples floated, and that's it! But it's only 10:30.

No comments: