Sunday, May 27, 2007

We're moving again!

After we got to the Pacific, we went to the Flamenco Yacht Club to dock the boat. It's not as nice as Shelter Bay, but it's what's
available. There wasn't any shore power available on our part of the docks, so people were running generators. The guy next two us
was running a very loud portable generator.

When I checked out, I learned that they give Catamarans a special rate -- double! Some places charge 1.5 times for a catamaran, but
this is the first time I've ever been charged double to dock. Especially without electricity.

The primary task for me, after getting fuel and docking, was to get rid or Melinda! Unfortunately, I had to wait until the next
morning to get her to the airport. So we ate dinner at a restaurant with metal utensils (Bennigans).

The next day I got groceries, had laundry laundered, got scuba air, and stuff like that. We were supposed to get our Zarpe, or boat
clearance, on Thursday, then Friday morning, then Saturday morning. We finally got it Saturday afternoon.

Mike got in on Saturday. I didn't know what flight he was coming in on. I tried to call him in Houston between flights but he was in
Panama when he answered. We took off yesterday afternoon for parts unknown.

It took 11 days to cross 40 miles from the Atlantic to the Pacific. But that is a lot faster than Tierra del Fuego. I think. I
should probably go there sometime and find out for sure.

Now Mike and I are making our way up the Pacific Coast of Panama. Except we're headed south, at 195 degrees. Weird.

No comments: