Saturday, July 05, 2008

7/5/2008 by Melinda the Captain

I am disappointed to report that we have been living a lie.

We have NOT crossed the International Date Line twice so today is NOT Independent's Day but Bob will continue pretending it is. He changed the ship clocks to Attu time. It's getting a little colder so I baked another cake and made pudding yesterday. Everyone read books too. We had a very very pretty sunset as a front moved in. Then the wind died and we watched a bad football movie. Moral of the movie: don't play football. We also watched "My Fair Lady" much to Josh's delight. Moral of the movie: don't lose your shoes.

Three of the crew had very warm showers this morning. Now we're cracking windows to let some moisture out. Today Bob fell under my bunk which was fun. He found the source of the diesel smell and I plugged a rag in it. I also found the source of Nilla Wafers, Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies, and Ritz whole wheat crackers. Josh is currently battling the waves to make spaghetti which is fun too. It feels like winter outside so we listened to Christmas carols yesterday.

The end

No comments: