Thursday, July 03, 2008

Day 20 (Wednesday, July 2, 2008) by Mike

Sailing with Dummies (Hawaii to Alaska Edition)

Last night after dark we passed a cold front. This morning it was cold (65 degrees) and raining. The wind let up and kept changing directions, which made us get out in the cold wet to adjust sails.

The rain let up midday but it kept getting colder. By evening it was in the 50s outside. That’s cold when it’s misty and cloudy and windy. I was just getting used to the heat in Hawaii!

Daily Cuisine:

Melinda made some soup using some cabbage and other things. I’m rarely a soupeater but the others said it was good. There was also chip, cookie, and bread eating.

Fishing Report:

It was too cold and rainy to fish in the morning. In the afternoon it was just too cold.

Arts and Entertainment:

It was a quiet day on the Minnow. I think everyone played the piano with earphones on. Except me. But then, everyone was asleep when I hacked my through a few tunes. Actually, Bob got in on the last of one of my sessions. He cringed.

No comments: